Some say it is “storytelling” for some it is a “valuable marketing technique”, what is it?
This “it” is none other than Content Marketing. You can neither escape from this marketing strategy nor is it easy to understand it. Before learning the ways to grow business via content marketing, it is essential to understand why content marketing is needed?
Importance of Content Marketing
There was a time when truly content was king, but today it is the user who rules the virtual world of online network. With just a click the traffic could turn away from your website leaving you discontented with all the contents on your website. You write a tweet and no one follows it, then you gain nothing. It is here that content marketing comes to your aid. You generate the content that meets the demand of the customers and provide solutions to their issues.
Steps of Content Marketing Strategy
Definitely, content has tentacles that hold the target audience together, but to unleash this power you need to explore content marketing strategy. This strategy like other strategies involves research and target based planning. There are two steps that you need to take:
1. Recognize Your Potential Customer:
The first and foremost thing which you need to do is to identify your target audience. This section of individuals is your potential client, which, if wooed properly can help you grow business via content marketing.
2. Research on Customers Likes and Dislikes:
Understanding the buyers lineage and needs will help you determine how to cater them and with what. In this step only, you need to learn which platforms are best suited for your content. These platforms are those that your clientele use frequently.
Role of Social Media in Content Marketing
The nexus between social media and content marketing is such that once you unfold its mystery, there is no turning from there. You must be thinking, but how to do content marketing with the help of social media. There are basically three ways of doing this:
- The first one is to make your own brand social media channel. Then share bespoke content targeting your audience.
- The second one is to opt for paid advertising. This will create a brand’s persona in the mind of your potential customer.
- The last one is a tough nut to crack, but is certainly the best one. It is here that your content’s uniqueness comes to play by luring the audience to share your content, thereby promoting your brand free of cost.
Role of SEO
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is an integral part of content marketing that requires special attention. The more your content is SEO optimized, the better are your chances to get connected with your target audience. There are certain points that you need to keep in mind with respect to what content marketing is. They are:
- Identify the main keyword: Write for the readers by placing the important keywords and its synonym effortlessly not deliberately as this can have a negative impact on your content SEO ranking.
- Give Importance to Natural Links: When SEO ranking shoots up the moment you get links from high quality website. This again is possible only when your content is original and unique in a real sense.
- Avoid Plagiarism: As aforementioned you need to keep the content original to get natural links, so it is important that you do not copy content as this can have an adverse effect on your SEO ranking.
- User-based Content: Keywords are an important part of content writing but to grow business via content marketing involves generation of user-based content.
Certainly, after scanning this write up you would have understood what content writing is, how to do it and why it is needed. If you will consider all the above discussed points while executing content writing, then you will make a profit from all corners.